Non Members Area > General Discussion

Forum Rules - Please read.

(1/1)

Mad Max A.K.A. Mal:
I've decided to post the below just to clarify any issues relating to the "fun police" thread I removed last night and just to make sure we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. This club is known as "The Friendly Chevette Club" and that is the way we would like it to stay  ;)

A couple of key points to clear any misunderstandings.

All info (unless otherwise stated) is the opinion of posters – it’s not the COG view. We have an amazing forum with a huge wealth of helpful info, and whilst advice given will be from members trying to be helpful it will be the opinion of the member and not the club.
We (i.e. Chevette Owners Group) can be liable for what you post. This isn’t a 'freedom of speech' site. When you post something, not only are you liable for what you say, but we can be liable too as the publisher. So it's not a case of posting what you like, and we can delete posts if needed. Of course, our aim is to ensure this is a friendly and helpful club forum, but if a post is clearly going against the "friendly and helpful" it will be deleted.

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation.

Please be nice to all COGgers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue

Forum Rules

Please abide by the following extremely reasonable rules if you intend to post in the forums.
No Spam / Advertising:
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.
Offensive Content:
Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want everyone to be comfortable using this website.
Cross-posting:
Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed. Just post it once in the correct place.
Copyright and ownership:
Comments & forum messages are owned by the poster.
Don't be a pain in the ass:
Any penalties for the above rules are at the moderation team's discretion.

Beno:
Whilst I agree there are forum rules and keeping the site a friendly place I would like to say that it is the sad people who are reporting paid members for trivial comments ... And by cog police I was not directing this at the mods it was aimed at the sad people who don't have the front to deal with things face to face !!! Also Mal its not a privilege to post on here it is an open forum and also im a paid member !!! Anyway said my bit so maybe the person responsible.for reporting people my think twice in future !!!

retrovauxhall:
ooooooooooooooooooooooh whats happend? what have i missed?

Mad Max A.K.A. Mal:

--- Quote from: Beno on Jan 27, 2013, 17:35:40 ---Whilst I agree there are forum rules and keeping the site a friendly place I would like to say that it is the sad people who are reporting paid members for trivial comments ... And by cog police I was not directing this at the mods it was aimed at the sad people who don't have the front to deal with things face to face !!! Also Mal its not a privilege to post on here it is an open forum and also im a paid member !!! Anyway said my bit so maybe the person responsible.for reporting people my think twice in future !!!

--- End quote ---

Beno - the aim is not to censor anyone and I appreciate your point of view, however given that COG is responsible for publishing any comments then there has to be the ability at times to change or remove posts hence the reason for my original post. I've no idea what comment caused the posting in the first place nor do I wish to know, but clearly we need to be seen to be removing any comments that are deemed abusive, racist , threatening and generally not to the benefit of the forum.

Whilst I appreciate your comment regarding privilige, then I'm afraid your wrong, most other forums have gone down a route (the Manta Club would be a good example) whereby a number of "strikes" can be placed against a member/poster and ultimately it would if certain parameters are reached end up with a member being banned from their forum. Clearly this is not a route that anyone wishes to go down, and in the past it's never became an issue on the forum and I don't see it becoming an issue in the future. People clash for various reasons and I'm a firm believer of live and let live, clearly the option to report a post is there to protect people that have an issue with a post but don't wish to get into an abusive or confrontational discussion with another member, and that will remain the case, everyone is different, some outspoken and some not so. I have no wish to see the forum or it's content diluted as I believe the banter and general help to both members and none members is superb and better than any other forum/club I'm aware of, so please bear this in mind when posting - Thank You.

John Delahaye:
Thanks Mal. I agree with everything you've put there. I've no idea what the original post that caused the issue was either as I certainly didn't remove anything.

Just to add though. This forum isn't censored in any way. You can swear, argue, insult one another and make inflammatory comments. But we're all grown ups and i believe it's only takes a bit of common sense to know when such language might be inappropriate.
A moderator, myself included, won't remove or modify any posts unless its seen to be in the interest of the general forum user base or in the rare case that an individual member has run out of salt to take ones comments with and is left with no option but to report it.

This club is all about the  :Love:  :cheersbeers:  :driving: and  :cog: so let's try and keep it that way  ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version