Author Topic: Another Chevette - Ayrshire  (Read 5806 times)

Offline hsrwannabe

• COG Member
  • Forum God
  • Rusty Chevette....never!
Re: Another Chevette - Ayrshire
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2015, 23:11:26 »
Piazza turbo is an expensive route to go purely finding a doner is hard enough, if you need spares there not going to be cheap either, there are numerous more cost effective bhp gain routes to take ;)

Join the Chevette Owners Group. It's only 20 for twelve months. Benefit from discounts, parts, advice, shows, newsletters and much more!

Offline Mad Max A.K.A. Mal

• Committee Member
  • Just Call Me Blydenstein
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2015, 08:17:48 »
Piazza turbo is an expensive route to go purely finding a doner is hard enough, if you need spares there not going to be cheap either, there are numerous more cost effective bhp gain routes to take ;)

Plus the rear axle requires lots of work to fit, have a look on here at v8 chevettes blog as there of pics on there of the fabrication levels required. The Isuzu was a T car platform but it was very heavily modified hence nothing is a straight swap, lots of other cheaper, lighter and easier to complete swaps available with more power nowadays
It's better to burn out than to fade away . . .

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:16:24 »
Hi guys, been modding the seat mounts for buckets. Trial n error with height and adjustment but got there. Type 9 box for sale, 200 quid, good price? Still easiest/good box to use? Mounting wise, need new mounts fitted or bolt straight up?

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2016, 08:46:57 »
Chuck is getting a bit of a makeover, inside n out. Stripped, currently in at coachworks getting prepped for paint (Firecracker Blue) - Custom off Ebay.  ;)

• Committee Member
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2016, 13:51:17 »
You can buy type 9s cheaper, and you'll also need to factor in an SBD adapter plate to fit it, paint is always a good move, nothing Spurs you on as much as nice shiny paint

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2016, 14:16:18 »
Cheers for the info, concentrating on bodywork just now. Yeah the guy is dragging his heels a bit due to other jobs taking priority, should be getting the worst bits seen to soon, can't wait to get it back and start refitting everything! Then maybe get a meet up with Scotty or some of the local lads on engine/box change. Pics will be added in the next few weeks hopefully. 

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2016, 20:27:43 »
Hi guys,

Slowly but surely...Could someone tell me if its possible to get replacement front/rear window surround? Took original off but bit brittle.

Offline scotty

• COG Member
  • Forum Superstar
« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2016, 09:16:53 »
 eastkenttrimsuppliesltd  on ebay . They sell in by the metre and you insert it using the fitting tool or a suitably bent bit of coathanger.
(

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2016, 13:38:15 »
Thanks Scotty! excellent! missed them, got the tool already.  :D

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #24 on: Apr 24, 2016, 23:03:14 »
I bought that trim Scotty but now wondering if I should renew the rubbers too as a few small cracks at corners, not too bad. What's your opinion?

Or anyone else, please comment. If I go down this route, some assistance off local guys on here would be good if possible as I don't think my painter guy would want to tackle it.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 23:15:18 by Allanchvet »

Offline scotty

• COG Member
  • Forum Superstar
« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2016, 09:00:58 »
If the cracks aren't too bad you can repair them with black mastic gutter seal ( or similar) . Looks ok when smoothed out and set. - Scotty

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2016, 13:59:13 »
Cheers Scotty, that's what I was planning to do, got plenty black tiger sealant, see how bad they are once the car is back, sure it's just the rear that is showing a few cracks.

• Committee Member
« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2016, 21:49:31 »
Alastair McCauley @alymac sells thee screen rubbers new, he has them up on Facebook at the minute or you can call him on o798o 2832o5

Offline Allanchvet

• COG Member
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #28 on: Jun 02, 2016, 14:42:37 »
Hi a, cheers for the info,

I bought both f/r from East Kent Supplies, girl on the phone said they are exact fit, softer compound too, easier to fit.

Expecting the car to ready next week (few delays) - Anyone fairly local to me like to help fit the new rubbers/trim insert? Also got a feeling the side window bottom edge trim might be a pain to refit.

Located at Howwood, near Johnstone, pay petrol money and Tea/Biscuits/Beer/Beer Tokens - All off them ha

Good to meet some knowledgeable folk too, pic some brains on mods.

• Committee Member
« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2016, 23:05:49 »
Chrome windscreen trim isn't too difficult in the screen rubber, make sure you put a bead of mastic sealer ( not the kitchen type polyeurathane one that sets, the rubber seal one) in the metal lip on the car, then run a bead in the rubber where the glass sits, easiest method is just to then fit the screen in the rubber and string it into the aperture, then you can spray some wd40 on the rubber where the chrome metal bead goes, or you can use water and fairy liquid in a spray bottle, as this helps the tool slide in the rubber and away you go. Bottom edge trim is really easy, fit the outer one with the window out as it's easier to get at, then fit the rubber that runs up and over the top of the door for the glass to sit in, refit the side window and then refit the inner rubber, if the outer one is difficult to get into the groove use a rubber mallet or a block of wood to tap it in. I'm not a million miles away as I'm in Carlisle, but have been in Scotland all week . . I'm also tied up tomorrow . . Give it a go and give me a shout if your stuck

Join the Chevette Owners Group. It's only 20 for twelve months. Benefit from discounts, parts, advice, shows, newsletters and much more!

COG shoutbox

Refresh History
  • John PH: I seem to have stopped being a member. Could have sworn I paid earlier this year.
    Jul 19, 2017, 12:27:51
  • opel monza blue: if you do renew your membership it is only 5 now
    Jul 21, 2017, 15:21:11
  • opel monza blue: unfortunately the paypal link still says 10 ??
    Jul 24, 2017, 09:24:18
  • nova j877: Has anybody got a rear number plate holder and clip?
    Jul 24, 2017, 11:31:26
  • John PH: Glad I didn't go to VBOA now. I would've gone thinking that I was a fully paid up member.
    Jul 24, 2017, 12:29:15
  • opel monza blue: Hi i can log in but can not open membership page is there a problem or is it me ??
    Aug 01, 2017, 09:25:09
  • Mad Max A.K.A. Mal: @bill can you check
    Aug 01, 2017, 20:32:30
  • Bill: membership page seems ok here. just had a new joiner to add and a russky spammer who managed to get past the security questions :)
    Aug 02, 2017, 23:46:31
  • opel monza blue: Hello Bill i have posted in cog/forum
    Aug 03, 2017, 08:13:30
  • rlf444w: i to can get in members area
    Aug 08, 2017, 21:46:18
  • Bill: fixed gopefully
    Aug 11, 2017, 11:09:37
  • John PH: What's happened to my menership
    Aug 21, 2017, 12:26:37
  • John PH: I'm not a member again. What's happened?
    Aug 21, 2017, 12:26:53
  • Mad Max A.K.A. Mal: @bill can you check johns membership status?
    Aug 21, 2017, 18:09:31
  • Bill: will check
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:36:25
  • Bill: IT says John PH member here
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:42:55
  • Bill: not sure what happened?
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:44:25
  • John PH: Yeah I paid for another membership again
    Aug 23, 2017, 12:26:54
  • Trudgechr: How do i add to the register
    Sep 02, 2017, 16:20:58
  • Bill: you can put it in here > [link]  , then a mod will move it to the right category eventually :)
    Sep 17, 2017, 10:34:41