Author Topic: Businesses you love or love to hate  (Read 13645 times)

Offline MDA Lamb

• Forum Expert
  • Late onset mid-life crisis!
Re: Businesses you love or love to hate
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 15:16:37 »
I'd have a quiet word with trading standards before you go, it's then something you can go back to if necessary...

MDA

Join the Chevette Owners Group. It's only 20 for twelve months. Benefit from discounts, parts, advice, shows, newsletters and much more!

Offline bmw156

• Forum Expert
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 15:29:07 »
Only just spotted this, and I feel the need for a rant. A1 Clutches in Tipton, charged me 128 to replace the clutch in my Astra a month ago, gave me a huge list of things wrong with my car and told me to come back at 500, 1000 miles etc. Checked my fluid levels a few weeks later and there wasn't a drop of oil on the dipstick. Parked it up assuming it was burning it as theres been no puddles. Filled it up and started driving it again, no loss of oil at all. Found out yesterday that the bloke who owns A1 Clutches is known for dropping peoples engine and gearbox oil to make more money. I'm pretty certain thats whats happened to me, but I have no proof. It's due to go back for it's 500 mile check and I bet they were expecting to find it still empty and try and get more money out of me for the imaginary leak that must have got a lot worse since they wrote it on my fault sheet. I reckon if I can prove it, I deserve a refund, and a bottle of oil.

dont go back! simple.
and i bet he didnt change the clutch either unless its got the access plate...

umm input wise.
rally design always good,
TJM were good for my springs

Offline Aimee&Matty

• Forum Power User
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 19:06:36 »
Well the clutch isn't slipping anymore, so I think it has been done, just reported them to consumer direct :)

StevieH

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:46 »
Well the clutch isn't slipping anymore, so I think it has been done, just reported them to consumer direct :)

Well done places like that need reported  >:( , i agree with bmw 156 just don't go back but let all your friends no what they are like

Offline tinbasher

• COG Member
  • Forum Newbie
  • im pete and i live in woolston
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2011, 17:30:40 »
rally design....really good and cheapish compared to some places
deamon thevies....pretty good but usually pricey
peter lloyd rallying....helpful but not the cheapest
TJM....often not the cheapest but defo one of the most helpful
I agree with you about TJm, i managed to get two new rear arches for my chevette from them, had to wait a few weeks for delivery from germany but worth the wait

Offline touch of the clutch

• Forum Expert
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2011, 21:53:56 »
Ricky McAlonan - first met him as I designed his website but through doing his work I really got to see the stuff he is producing and just how fussy he is for the details. He trades in various competition and fast road bits and does an awful lot of machine work. On the strength of what I have seen i asked the question - what can i get for... and he was so helpful. Needless to say he now has my engine in the workshop. 7deg vaux - ford bellhousing, big wing sump, arp thoughout. Ported head, cam about to find its way on.

Long story short - good bloke - The cars his engines powered speak for themselves.

his site... www.medracingengines.co.uk

PS: Id love some feedback on the site too. recently started my own company after working in design agencies for the last few years.

StevieH

« Reply #21 on: Jul 18, 2011, 22:21:45 »
Very good job building the website looks superb and easy to use  :Worship: :Worship:

Offline TJM

• Trader
  • Advanced Forum User
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2011, 16:07:26 »
Can you have a look at my website.  It is currently an Ecommerce Template in PHP and I would like to keep the program as I have got use to using and updating it.  I would however like to change the look of it and bring a bit more professional look to it.

You can email me at sales(at)tjmotorsport.co.uk.

Cheers
Tim

Ricky McAlonan - first met him as I designed his website but through doing his work I really got to see the stuff he is producing and just how fussy he is for the details. He trades in various competition and fast road bits and does an awful lot of machine work. On the strength of what I have seen i asked the question - what can i get for... and he was so helpful. Needless to say he now has my engine in the workshop. 7deg vaux - ford bellhousing, big wing sump, arp thoughout. Ported head, cam about to find its way on.

Long story short - good bloke - The cars his engines powered speak for themselves.

his site... www.medracingengines.co.uk

PS: Id love some feedback on the site too. recently started my own company after working in design agencies for the last few years.

Offline touch of the clutch

• Forum Expert
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2011, 18:21:59 »
No problem tim, Ill get a look at it and will be in touch soon.

Niall

Offline ukrocket

• COG Member
  • Forum Expert
  • Lance
« Reply #24 on: Jun 20, 2012, 22:20:25 »
Demon Tweeks BAD    took 3 weeks to deliver a horn and bit of pipe, But they didnt tell me it would be that long.

Black Circles (Tyres) Good Quick delivery and major Cheap. and club card points ;)

Ladymoor Garage Bilston -  Amazing, always took my cars there and really good, not the quickest and probably not the cheapest for some work ive had done in the past but Shuvit lovers and really really good work. Carb Clean up was 30, fixing aimees oil pipes 5

Offline stuvaux

• Forum Newbie
« Reply #25 on: Sep 10, 2012, 13:51:12 »
I can recommend Vauxhall Car Parts - they have a fair amount of Chevette items (and a few other engine items listed under Viva)
Genuine GM items at great prices - window regulator for only 10, and the Trico wiper blades just 2 each

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/

Stu

Offline Ashley

• Vice Chairman
  • Totally Fearless Forum Fighter
  • Vice Chairman
« Reply #26 on: Sep 14, 2012, 14:52:59 »
I can recommend Vauxhall Car Parts - they have a fair amount of Chevette items (and a few other engine items listed under Viva)
Genuine GM items at great prices - window regulator for only 10, and the Trico wiper blades just 2 each

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/

Stu

Just bagged some bargain headlight switches from there  :cog:

Offline devilwoo

• Forum Power User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2012, 14:51:59 »
R.E.Performance in Bury. Ken Tomkinson.

They sorted my HS and got it running great and MOT'd. Even got a free keyring. Very good rates.

Highly recommended by me.

Offline The ANT

• Forum Superstar
  • The Flying ANT
wizbangers
« Reply #28 on: Oct 17, 2012, 20:17:14 »
Don't use wizbang, my car's been in the air today and it looks like a fair amount of bodging has been going on, its even pissing out brake fluid where the pipe goes through the body to the axle and some of the welding underneath is shit.

Proceed with caution. It luck good on the surface but it looks like I've been had.

Offline Mad Max A.K.A. Mal

• Committee Member
  • Just Call Me Blydenstein
Re: wizbangers
« Reply #29 on: Oct 17, 2012, 21:23:07 »
Bad news matey, it's getting tough to find a decent company out there that is worthy of recommendation.
It's better to burn out than to fade away . . .

Join the Chevette Owners Group. It's only 20 for twelve months. Benefit from discounts, parts, advice, shows, newsletters and much more!

COG shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Bill: fixed gopefully
    Aug 11, 2017, 11:09:37
  • John PH: What's happened to my menership
    Aug 21, 2017, 12:26:37
  • John PH: I'm not a member again. What's happened?
    Aug 21, 2017, 12:26:53
  • Mad Max A.K.A. Mal: @bill can you check johns membership status?
    Aug 21, 2017, 18:09:31
  • Bill: will check
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:36:25
  • Bill: IT says John PH member here
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:42:55
  • Bill: not sure what happened?
    Aug 22, 2017, 18:44:25
  • John PH: Yeah I paid for another membership again
    Aug 23, 2017, 12:26:54
  • Trudgechr: How do i add to the register
    Sep 02, 2017, 16:20:58
  • Bill: you can put it in here > [link]  , then a mod will move it to the right category eventually :)
    Sep 17, 2017, 10:34:41
  • Tomo195: Hi all.
    Oct 09, 2017, 20:31:33
  • Tomo195: does anybody know how I can post pics without using photobucket
    Oct 09, 2017, 20:39:11
  • Bill: just use the insert image button if the files are local to you
    Oct 12, 2017, 00:03:40
  • Bill: oops i meant the attachments and other options red bit at the bottom of a new post.
    Oct 12, 2017, 00:04:36
  • Barry Arthur: Needing help we v5 for my chevette
    Nov 14, 2017, 20:47:50
  • parko: what fo you need barry
    Nov 15, 2017, 21:38:28
  • parko: do
    Nov 15, 2017, 21:38:35
  • Barry Arthur: I don't have a up to date v5.according to DVLA I need a pic of vin plate and vin number stamped in to shell of vehicle.i can't find stamped on number.does anyone know where it is
    Nov 15, 2017, 22:26:54
  • parko: i cpuld be wrong but is it under the carpet between the drivers seat and sill
    Nov 16, 2017, 19:29:21
  • hsrwannabe: On the dashboard where the tax disc  used to go if its a pre 79 car
    Yesterday at 00:03:59